POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature question : Re: Feature question Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature question
From: ABX
Date: 29 Sep 2003 09:37:51
Message: <0ucgnv8qrdk01tuv4b2hma6fbja83mt8uk@4ax.com>
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:28:44 -0500, "Shay" <sah### [at] simcopartscom> wrote:
> IIRC, we could with an earlier version of POV-Ray place command line
> options within the scene file. I'm curious why this feature was removed,
> or if it never existed, why it does not. This would be nice for those of
> us using editors besides POV-Win.

You probably mean "ini_option" feature of old MegaPOV. There were reasons
(enumerated a few times) why it wasn't implemented in POV-Ray
(http://news.povray.org/povray.unofficial.patches/6592/). Note that, solution
with command-line within GUI is not reserved for POV-Win, see:
http://pyvon.sourceforge.net/

ABX